Random Update

I'm halfway finished with my spring semester, and let me tell ya, it's been a rough one. I'm taking an extremely tough course load, and I'm already playing that game where you check the syllabus after every test to see what you have to make on the next ones to get an A in the course. I'm trying to brace myself and my stubborn, perfectionistic pride for when I most likely get a B this semester, unless a miracle happens. (Gasp! Shocking, right?) Between Anatomy, Physiology, and Organic Chemistry, I'm constantly studying, which is great, but it can get tiring and overwhelming. Plus, I never feel like I can get ahead.

Speaking of getting ahead... I've recently decided to finish undergrad a year early. I have to take a few classes this summer, but since Ben and I will be living in Knoxville anyway, I'm sure that will work out great. Since I had some dual enrollment classes in high school, I'm already a step ahead, despite the fact that I spent a semester traveling. I'll be taking the PCAT this July, which is absolutely terrifying, but I'm doing my best to study for it already. (I have a 900 page PCAT review book that I'm hoping will be of some help.) This means that I'll apply to pharmacy school through UT this summer, and (Lord willing) Ben and I will be spending a year in Memphis for my first year of pharmacy school, beginning Fall 2017. I know this sounds crazy and absolutely non-traditional, and the only way we're going to be able to make all of this work is with much prayer and God's help. I constantly remind myself that "with God all things are possible."

A few weekends ago, I was able to hang out with Kristi again! We met up in Asheville, NC, which is about halfway between our two universities. Asheville is the quirkiest, coolest little city, and I can't wait to take Ben there to show him around soon. Kristi and I met at Biscuit Head for breakfast, went hiking, shopped around downtown Asheville, and just had a fabulous time. It was so great to catch up with her, and even though we've been apart for around four months, it feels like it was yesterday when I was helping her pack up her room before she left Massey University back in November. Where does the time go? How is it possible that I've been home from New Zealand for four months?

In usual Diana & Kristi Adventure fashion, we stuck to free activities during our time in Asheville. Hiking with Kristi is always a good time, especially when we meet cool friends like Jack the Golden Retriever. 
In other news, Ben and I got an apartment! Granted, it will be more like a glorified storage unit until I move in in June. It's around a ten minute drive from campus, and it's only a couple miles from where I attend church here in Knoxville. Plus, despite being the largest apartment we've seen, at 1000 square feet, it's also the cheapest! (We had a crazy time applying to live there after finally making it to the top of a 40 item waiting list, but that's another story. It's amazing how God works things out!) Soon, my family, some of Ben's family, and some friends will be helping us move some of our things in. I'm so excited to see what it's going to look like, and I'm even more excited to live there with my best friend!

I just made it back to UT from spring break. I spent the whole week at home, but it absolutely flew by! Fortunately, spring break gave me a much needed break from school. Still, it was the busiest "break" of my life, filled with bridal showers, wedding planning, and painting old furniture. Here are some pictures from break!

On Sunday, I had a shower at CBC. Ben and I are so blessed to have such an incredible church family. Everyone was so generous, and we can't thank them enough for the gifts! My future sister-in-laws threw me another shower on Saturday, and it was so much fun! We had a lovely, girly brunch with some friends from church. 
On Tuesday of spring break, Ben and I went with our good friends Hannah and Tom to see The Phantom of the Opera at TPAC in Nashville. We ate dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory and walked to the theater from there, since it was a warm, breezy evening. Phantom was incredible! I can't get over how amazing it was! It blew all of us away and gave me chills many, many times. Everything about it, from the gorgeous singing to the intricate costumes to the insane special effects was out of this world! 
Throughout break, I spent hours and hours painting furniture. These are my mom's old kitchen chairs, and we've also painted an old dresser, mirror, and half-moon table all for our apartment. We've figured that we're basically furnishing our whole apartment for under $100, including paint and supplies!
We also took engagement pictures over break! This is one of Mrs. Stacy's favorites, and I have to agree.  I can't wait to see the rest of them!
Wedding planning updates:
  • I actually have my dress now! It fits perfectly, and I just want to wear it all the time! (It's still a surprise, much to the dismay of the Hoot girls and my best friends.)
  • Our invitations and RSVP cards have been printed, and soon we'll begin the daunting task of addressing and sending them out.
  • We have two showers down, and (sadly) only one to go in May!
  • I went with Ben and his brothers to Men's Wearhouse to pick out suits for the wedding. We decided on a really nice one, and I know that Ben will look very dashing in it. 
Wow. What an unorganized, random post! Still, I hope you've enjoyed reading a little about what's going on with me right now.  I know better than to promise to write again soon, since I don't know where this crazy life will take me. However, I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep this blog up for a while. I would love to be able to share our adventures as a young married couple with you all! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Plymouth, NZ

March 2015

One "Sweet As" Weekend